Subject: [PROMS 2001] - Call for Participation

From: Christian Tzolov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 12:21:23 +0200 (GMT+02:00)

[We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this mail]

--> Please feel free to distribute a copy of this call to those
who might be interested <--

                *** CALL FOR PARTICPATION ***

                         PROMS 2001

               6th International Conference on
               Protocols for Multimedia Systems

            17-19 October, Enschede, The Netherlands

           http://www.ctit.utwente.nl/news/proms_2001

 in cooperation with ACM SIGCOMM, ACM SIGMM and IEEE COMSOC

The aim of the PROMS series of workshops and conferences is to 
contribute to a scientific, strategic and practical cooperation 
between research institutes and industrial companies in the area 
of distributed multimedia applications, protocols, and intelligent 
management tools, with emphasis on their provision over broadband 
networks.

PROMS 2001 has a 3-days programme with

- one day of tutorials on

  * Multimedia middleware
    by Thomas Plagemann, University of Oslo, Norway
    and Frank Eliassen, Simula Research Lab, Norway

  * Approaching multimedia content description
    by Alan P. Parkes, Lancaster University, UK

- followed by two days of technical sessions, comprising
  invited talks on

  * From Mars to your TV at home - Selected Internet developments
    by E. Huizer, NOB and Univ. of Twente, Netherlands

  * Which way to the Wireless Internet ?
    by Andrew T. Campbell, Columbia University, USA

  and sessions on

  * QoS in the Internet
  * Multimedia streaming
  * Multimedia multicast
  * Wireless networks and host mobility
  * TCP/IP optimization
  * service development and deployment

For more information please contact the local organizing committee
at [email-masked].

Detailed information of the conference, including programme, 
registration and accommodation, is available at:

http://www.ctit.utwente.nl/news/proms_2001.

The workshop is being organized by the Centre for Telematics and
Information Technology (CTIT), University of Twente, The Netherlands.

Dr. Marten van Sinderen and Prof. Bart Nieuwenhuis, Programme Chairs