Subject: RE: Notes: Sept 10, 2001 Alarm Management Design Meeting

From: "Ayers, Mike" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 18:45:52 -0500

> Anni drafted up condition profiles and sent it out
> just before the meeting. She included some concept 
> of physical type, but is concerned that this will change 
> too often.

	These documents should be sent to the mailing list.  Far too much of
the alarm work appears to be done out of view.

/|/|ike

---

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 13:47:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

> Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
> From: "Ayers, Mike" <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: Notes: Sept 10, 2001 Alarm Management Design Meeting
> Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 18:45:52 -0500 
...
> the alarm work appears to be done out of view.
...

There's always a certain amount of tension between what stays
within a design team, and what goes onto the WG mailing list.

My strong preference is to keep things as open as possible.

If we were rapidly cycling the internet drafts, I'd be inclined
to "let it slide".  However, since it has been a LONG time
since updated internet drafts have appeared, I'd really like
these materials to be posted to the WG mailing list, which is
where the bulk of the discussion should be happening anyway.

 ------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn          BMC Software, Inc.  1-3141
 [email-masked]  2141 North First Street
 Tel: +1 408 546-1006   San José, California 95131  USA
 ------------------------------------------------------
 My opinions and BMC's are independent variables.
 ------------------------------------------------------