Subject: alarm #24

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 13:47:40 -0600

hi

Alarm #24:

<Dave Partain>
The current mapping to ITU alarm information is based on entries
in the ituAlarmEntry.  This means that:
[alarmModelNotificationId, alarmModelVarbindIndex/value] 
 -> entry in alarmModelTable, ituAlarmTable
 -> ituAlarmAdditionalText(*)

Telco devices often carry a textual VarBind for human
consumption (here we go again :-)).  This means that
ituAlarmAdditionalText must be able to refer to a notification
VarBind and not just a piece of text in the ituAlarmModelTable.
That is, the same alarmModelState can have different
ituAlarmAdditionalTexts.

Any thoughts on how to deal with this?
</Dave Partain>

Is there any particular reason that the existing text object in
the alarmActiveTable can't be used?  

Sharon