Subject: [Disman] Minutes from the Disman WG meeting on Wednesday, March 19th, 2003

From: Ram Kavasseri <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 22:35:59 -0800

Disman WG Minutes from the 56th IETF
  - reported by Ramanathan Kavasseri ([email-masked])

1. Sharon Chisholm tasked with drafting a "Thank You" message to the
ITU-T Liaison, and sending the draft to the DISMAN wg.

2. Sharon will look for any cases where we missed carrying over range
constraints into the Alarm MIB docs...

3. Need to wordsmith the description of AlarmResourceID on the mailing
list

4. Need to add  language describing the persistence of the alarm model
table.
Also need to determine whether the lang reg persistence is in terms of
MUST .
That was believed to be the consensus in the past - need to reverify the

consensus on the mailing list.

5. Timeframe for finishing Alarm MIB edits (and discussion) - end of
March 2003. Updated I-D
to appear in April.

6. Hing-Kam Lam needs to look at latest version of ID nits doc, the
update to the RFC authors
guidelines - for the ARC MIB update, as well as the latest guidelines
for MIB reviewers.

7. Kam to make known edits to ARC from above tasks, and send it to Bert
and internet-drafts...

8. For Script MIB and Schedule MIB - Randy to look at a questionnaire
for implementation requests on these MIBs.

9. Remops MIB - if anyone is interested in assiting with edits, to
contact
RP on the disman mailing list.

10. Octet String in Remops MIB for payload - has a constraint related to
ipv4 - computes
pkt size - ipv4 hdr size. Need description clarification on what the
object should do (return an
error or silently truncate payload size)
when transport type is ipv6 - Randy Presuhn suggested silently
truncating. Need further
discussion on the mailing list. This action item is assigned to Randy
Presunhn.

10. Ram Kavasseri to initiate thread on taking Expression MIB to
historic status

11. Bert to check whether a doc recommending historic status for Expr
MIB is
reqd.

12. Need interoperability results (for event and notif-log mibs) summary
on wg mailing list.
Ram Kavasseri to drive the interoperability test effort. Results
need to be posted to the wg by May.

13. NetSNMP implements the EVENT-MIB - this MIB is the target of
internal polling
for NetSNMP apps. Wes Hardaker to provide pointers on how to set up a
copy
of NetSNMP running the EVENT-MIB for interoperability testing.

14. Sharon to check and report back on implementations of log MIB at
Nortel.

15. Updates for Expr, Event, Notif-Log MIB expected by April 1st.
Editor needs to look at latest version of ID nits doc, the update to the
RFC authors
guidelines - for the ARC MIB update, as well as the latest guidelines
for MIB reviewers.

16. Ram to repost implementation requests for the event, expression and
notif-log mibs on the disman wg.