Subject: Re: [Disman] another question about alarmMib..

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 10:44:15 -0500

Hi

The DataAndTime index is just a convenience for sorting and/or
filtering. It is not necessary to ensure uniqueness of entries.

Sharon 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Michael Thatcher
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 5:05 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Disman] another question about alarmMib..

the alarmActiveTable is indexed by alarmListName, alarmDataAndTime,
alarmActiveIndex

the alarmActiveVariableTable is indexed by alarmListName,
alarmActiveIndex, alarmActiveVariableIndex.

How come alarmDataAndTime are not an index into the
alarmActiveVariableTable, since this table by definition has the varbind
objects from the corresponding entry in alarmActiveTable?

This also seems to imply that alarmActiveIndex is always unique
regardless of alarmDataAndTime.  Is this intentional?

miket