Subject: [dmarc-ietf] Prodding for reviews... and planning NOT to have a meeting in Chicago

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 18:18:16 -0500

We've had an updated draft for more than three weeks now, with no
comments.  It's a bad time of year, true, but the chairs are going to
expect some activity soon, or we might have to consider this working
group moribund.

I plan to say that this working group is NOT going to meet in Chicago.
I'll reconsider that if we actually get some activity here and things
show up that might actually go on a working group session agenda.

Barry, chair

---

From: Kurt Andersen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 07:49:18 -0800

On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 3:18 PM, Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> comments.

Most of the work has been proceeding off-list with work toward an interop
(that failed to happen on 12/16), ongoing development on the OpenARC
package, release of the beta on MailerQ, installations for production usage
at AOL and GMail. The ARC-enabled dkimpy package is available though Scott
has expressed a desire to refactor some of the code. As far as we are
aware, there are an number of other implementations which are waiting on a
functional OpenARC package.

As to open work on the spec:
1) Murray had promised some ideas for restructuring the draft to make it
more understandable, but I haven't received them yet.
2) There have been some questions begging additional clarity on the
relationship between the Authentication-Results header and the
ARC-Authentication-Results headers which I have not yet put into prose.

As to other work:
There are also two sessions planned for the agenda at M3AAWG (Feb 20-23 in
San Francisco) (I realize that is not an open venue, but, so far, the
active participants on the spec and implementations are in both groups). We
should have updates regarding implementation status after those meetings.

That seems reasonable. I don't know of anything that needs F2F time right
now.

--Kurt