Subject: [dmarc-ietf] List Server Rewrite From Logic

From: Hector Santos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 22:20:15 -0400

It is my understanding the IETF has begun to do a "rewrite" of the 
list poster/message RFC8322.From address of restricted DMARC domains 
to help resolve the IETF list subscribers distribution reject problem.

If so, is there some written protocol, method or outline of what is 
actually being done?  I am giving up trying to keep the RFC5822.From 
address persistent, i.e. avoid rewriting, while waiting for a better 
solution to materialize. I would like to finally consider it for our 
list server.

Thanks

-- 
HLS

---

From: Hector Santos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 23:20:53 -0400

I found this February 2018 IETF-DISCUSS post describing its rewrite 
steps for subscribers who have DMARC p=reject policies.

https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/wgchairs/current/msg15439.html

I just change my domain to p=reject. This will be a test of the rewrite.

<Send CLICK>

-- 
HLS

---

From: Hector Santos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 23:45:47 -0400

This worked.  I had to add the "Reply-Id" address in Thunderbird to 
better support direct mail (Reply to Sender), otherwise it used the 
rewritten from address.

Thanks

-- 
HLS