Subject: [dmarc-ietf] Fwd: [dbound] Related Domains By DNS (RDBD) Draft

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 11:51:59 +0100

Of possible interest to this working group...

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Brotman, Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 9:38 PM
Subject: [dbound] Related Domains By DNS (RDBD) Draft
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>, Stephen Farrell <
[email-masked]>

Hello,

Stephen and I have spent a bit of time working on a draft to be able to
show a relationship between two domains.  We're aware this subject has been
covered a few times previously, especially in the DBOUND drafts, but we're
hopeful that a more simple approach might be more acceptable.   The
secondary domain will create a DNS record that shows a link to a primary
domain, and the text should be able to be validated using the public key in
a DNS record the primary domain shares.  This is something akin to DKIM, a
mechanism that the email world uses to ensure the contents of a message
have not been tampered with.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-brotman-rdbd/

We'll request that replies relating to this be sent to the [email-masked]
due to the nature of the topic, but it was suggested that we might want to
notify a few other lists for their awareness.  Thank you for your
participation and comments.

--
Alex Brotman
Sr. Engineer, Anti-Abuse & Messaging Policy
Comcast

_______________________________________________
dbound mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dbound