Subject: [dmarc-ietf] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dmarc-psd-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 15:09:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance WG of the IETF.

        Title           : DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting, and Conformance) Extension For PSDs (Public Suffix Domains)
        Author          : Scott Kitterman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dmarc-psd-09.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2020-09-22

Abstract:
   DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting, and
   Conformance) is a scalable mechanism by which a mail-originating
   organization can express domain-level policies and preferences for
   message validation, disposition, and reporting, that a mail-receiving
   organization can use to improve mail handling.  The design of DMARC
   presumes that domain names represent either nodes in the tree below
   which registrations occur, or nodes where registrations have
   occurred; it does not permit a domain name to have both of these
   properties simultaneously.  Since its deployment in 2015, use of
   DMARC has shown a clear need for the ability to express policy for
   these domains as well.

   Domains at which registrations can occur are referred to as Public
   Suffix Domains (PSDs).  This document describes an extension to DMARC
   to enable DMARC functionality for PSDs.

   This document also seeks to address implementations that consider a
   domain on a public Suffix list to be ineligible for DMARC
   enforcement.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmarc-psd/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dmarc-psd-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dmarc-psd-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dmarc-psd-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Alessandro Vesely <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 18:50:00 +0200

Hi,

just spotted a misprint in Section 4.1 *Feedback leakage*:

CURRENT:
    PSD DMARC feedback MUST be limited to Aggregate Reports.  Feedback
    Reports carry more detailed information and present a greater risk.

SHOULD BE:
    PSD DMARC feedback MUST be limited to Aggregate Reports.  Failure
    Reports carry more detailed information and present a greater risk.

(Note:  Except for that sentence, the draft consistently uses the term 
/Feedback Reports/ to mean both Aggregate and Failure Reports.)

Best
Ale

On Wed 23/Sep/2020 00:09:00 +0200 internet-drafts wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> dmarc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dmarc
>