Subject: [dmarc-ietf] error report in 7.2.2

From: "John R Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Jan 2021 15:06:05 -0500

Does anyone send the error reports described in section 7.2.2 ?  I've 
never seen one but my reports are all quite small.

Regards,
John Levine, [email-masked], Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY
Please consider the environment before reading this e-mail. https://jl.ly

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 12:38:50 -0800

> never seen one but my reports are all quite small.

I've never seen one.  I imagine the logic goes something like "I was able
to at least submit the report to the submission server, so that's that."

-MSK

---

From: Alessandro Vesely <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 21:45:27 +0100

> to at least submit the report to the submission server, so that's that."

"An attempt MUST be made to send this report to all listed "mailto" URIs", 
seems to also include the one which bounced.

Best
Ale
--

---

From: "John R Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Jan 2021 15:50:51 -0500

> seems to also include the one which bounced.

If you look at the last para in 7.2.1, the intention is also to tell 
recipients that you have a report but it is too big.  That's more what I 
was wondering about.

If nobody else has seen error reports, perhaps we could deprecate them.

Regards,