Subject: [dmarc-ietf] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dmarc-psd-11.txt> (Experimental DMARC Extension For Public Suffix Domains) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 06:27:50 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Domain-based Message Authentication,
Reporting & Conformance WG (dmarc) to consider the following document: -
'Experimental DMARC Extension For Public Suffix Domains'
  <draft-ietf-dmarc-psd-11.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-04-05. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting, and Conformance
   (DMARC) permits a domain-controlling organization to express domain-
   level policies and preferences for message validation, disposition,
   and reporting, which a mail-receiving organization can use to improve
   mail handling.

   DMARC distinguishes the portion of a name that is a Public Suffix
   Domain (PSD), below which organizational domain names are created.
   The basic DMARC capability allows organizational domains to specify
   policies that apply to their subdomains, but it does not give that
   capability to PSDs.  This document describes an extension to DMARC to
   fully enable DMARC functionality for PSDs.

   Some implementations of DMARC consider a PSD to be ineligible for
   DMARC enforcement.  This specification addresses that case.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmarc-psd/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.