Subject: [dmarc-ietf] DMARCbis Rev 06 Ready To Submit

From: Todd Herr <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 12:21:28 -0400

Greetings.

I've incorporated the latest proposed text from Scott plus my own edits
into the latest version of the DMARCbis spec.

I tried to submit it to DataTracker, but I got an error message stating
that I'd hit my daily limit of 50 I-D uploads, which is 50 more than I
thought I'd done today. (Maybe there's a new process, or maybe because it's
IETF week the auto-upload doesn't work.)

At any rate, when I *do* submit it, you'll find the major differences
between -05 and -06 as follows:

   - The section titled "Identifier Alignment Explained" has moved from 4.7
   to 4.4 (between Authentication Mechanisms and Flow Diagram) because I
   thought it worked better there.
   - The section titled "DMARC Policy Discovery" has moved from 5.7.2.1 to
   4.7 because I thought it made more sense to be there, just after the
   section titled "DNS Tree Walk" and just prior to the section now titled
   "Organizational Domain Discovery" (nee Determine The Organizational Domain)
   - The sections DNS Tree Walk, DMARC Policy Discovery, and Organizational
   Domain Discovery have been rewritten to incorporate current list discussion.

I'll post a diff when I get the rev submitted.

-- 

*Todd Herr * | Technical Director, Standards and Ecosystem
*e:* [email-masked]
*m:* 703.220.4153

This email and all data transmitted with it contains confidential and/or
proprietary information intended solely for the use of individual(s)
authorized to receive it. If you are not an intended and authorized
recipient you are hereby notified of any use, disclosure, copying or
distribution of the information included in this transmission is prohibited
and may be unlawful. Please immediately notify the sender by replying to
this email and then delete it from your system.