Subject: [DMM] Warren Kumari's No Objection on draft-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring-14: (with COMMENT)

From: Warren Kumari via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 10:57:30 -0800

Warren Kumari has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring-14: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am balloting NoObj, but I had a hard time deciding between this and DISCUSS
(I went with NoObj because I'm submitting this late) - Qin Wu submitted an
OpsDir review with a number of open questions, as well as some very easy to
address comments / suggestions. It looks like this were either ignored, or
missed (or, perhaps I missed the discussion)

I strongly encourage the authors and AD to review and address these comments.

---

From: CARLOS JESUS BERNARDOS CANO <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2020 22:20:37 +0100

Hi Warren,

Thanks for your comments. I've checked my e-mail twice and I haven't been
able to see the review from Qin Wu. Can you please forward it to me.
According to my records I've replied to all the comments and reviews to
this draft (I'm working on another one that is also at the IESG evaluation
now -- draft-ietf-dmm-pmipv6-dlif -- but this a different document).

Apologies in advance if I've missed the review from Qin Wu.

Thanks,

Carlos

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2020 19:37:11 -0500

On Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 4:20 PM CARLOS JESUS BERNARDOS CANO
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hi Warren,
>
> Thanks for your comments. I've checked my e-mail twice and I haven't been able to see the review from Qin Wu. Can you please forward it to me. According to my records I've replied to all the comments and reviews to this draft (I'm working on another one that is also at the IESG evaluation now -- draft-ietf-dmm-pmipv6-dlif -- but this a different document).
>

All directorate reviews should be linked from the Datatracker page:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring/
The direct link to Qin's is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/review-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring-13-opsdir-lc-wu-2019-10-02/

> Apologies in advance if I've missed the review from Qin Wu.

Ah, fair enough, it is easy to miss emails, sometimes they go into spam, etc.

W

> Thanks,
>
> Carlos
>
> On Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 7:57 PM Warren Kumari via Datatracker <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
of pants.
   ---maf

---

From: CARLOS JESUS BERNARDOS CANO <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2020 11:17:16 +0100

Thanks Warren. I've just replied to Qin's comments. The original
e-mail went to the wrong place due to some misconfigured filters :(

Version -15 (to be submitted soon) should address all the comments received.

Thanks,

Carlos

On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 1:37 AM Warren Kumari <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Thanks for your comments. I've checked my e-mail twice and I haven't
> been able to see the review from Qin Wu. Can you please forward it to me.
> >> Please refer to
> https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html