Subject: [DMM] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring-14: (with COMMENT)

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2020 01:15:42 -0800

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring-14: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the work put into this document.

Nevertheless, please find below some non-blocking COMMENTs (and I would
appreciate a response from the authors) and NITS.

Please also address the review done by Carlos for the Internet Directorate
(see:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/review-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring-14-intdir-telechat-pignataro-2020-02-28/
) Thank you Carlos for this review.

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

== COMMENTS ==

-- Section 4 --
Can you better define what is a "dynamic IP address" ?

In the last paragraph, is there any reason why
draft-ietf-intarea-provisioning-domains is not mentioned as yet another means
to select an IP address for new connections ?

-- Section 4.1 --
Please expand AR at first use

-- Section 4.3 --
To be honest, relocating the DP anchor is sending a bad feeling under my
skin... Scalability will be a major concerned as mentioned in your document:
"such a solution may present some scalability concerns"

---

From: CARLOS JESUS BERNARDOS CANO <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2020 23:26:00 +0100

Hi Éric,

Thanks for your review. Please see inline below.

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring/

[CB] I've just replied to Carlos. Version -15 (to be submitted) addresses
his comments.

> Can you better define what is a "dynamic IP address" ?

[CB] I've added in -15 (to be submitted) the following explanatory text:

"[...] dynamic IP address (meaning that this address is only used while the
MN is attached to this access router, and therefore the IP address
configured by the MN dynamically changes when attaching to a different
access network)."

> to select an IP address for new connections ?

[CB] The reason is that we mention mechanisms that consider the mobility
properties of the addresses, while draft-ietf-intarea-provisioning-domains
is a generic mechanism. Do you think we should add the reference?

> Please expand AR at first use

[CB] Done in -15 (to be submitted).

> "such a solution may present some scalability concerns"

[CB] I personally agree with that for a generic scenario, and I'm not a fan
of it. However, I must admit that this mechanism might be a viable option
under certain (limited scope) scenarios. I tried to be neutral here, and
report this as an option (as it is an option, even if it is not the one I'd
personally go for ;)).

Thanks!

Carlos