Subject: [DMM] RFC 8818 on Distributed Mobility Anchoring

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 12:48:20 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8818

        Title:      Distributed Mobility Anchoring 
        Author:     H. Chan, Ed.,
                    X. Wei,
                    J. Lee,
                    S. Jeon,
                    CJ. Bernardos, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8818

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8818

This document defines distributed mobility anchoring in terms of the
different configurations and functions to provide IP mobility
support. A network may be configured with distributed mobility
anchoring functions for both network-based or host-based mobility
support, depending on the network's needs. In a distributed mobility
anchoring environment, multiple anchors are available for mid-session
switching of an IP prefix anchor. To start a new flow or to handle a
flow not requiring IP session continuity as a mobile node moves to a
new network, the flow can be started or restarted using an IP address
configured from the new IP prefix anchored to the new network. If the
flow needs to survive the change of network, there are solutions that
can be used to enable IP address mobility. This document describes
different anchoring approaches, depending on the IP mobility needs,
and how this IP address mobility is handled by the network.

This document is a product of the Distributed Mobility Management Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC