Subject: [DMM] RFC 8885 on Proxy Mobile IPv6 Extensions for Distributed Mobility Management

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 15:07:57 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8885

        Title:      Proxy Mobile IPv6 Extensions for 
                    Distributed Mobility Management 
        Author:     CJ. Bernardos,
                    A. de la Oliva,
                    F. Giust,
                    JC. Zúñiga,
                    A. Mourad
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dmm-pmipv6-dlif-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8885

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8885

Distributed Mobility Management solutions allow networks to be set up
in such a way that traffic is distributed optimally and centrally
deployed anchors are not relied upon to provide IP mobility support. 

There are many different approaches to address Distributed Mobility
Management -- for example, extending network-based mobility protocols
(like Proxy Mobile IPv6) or client-based mobility protocols (like
Mobile IPv6), among others. This document follows the former approach
and proposes a solution based on Proxy Mobile IPv6, in which mobility
sessions are anchored at the last IP hop router (called the mobility
anchor and access router). The mobility anchor and access router is
an enhanced access router that is also able to operate as a local
mobility anchor or mobility access gateway on a per-prefix basis. The
document focuses on the required extensions to effectively support
the simultaneous anchoring several flows at different distributed
gateways.

This document is a product of the Distributed Mobility Management Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: "Sri Gundavelli (sgundave)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 18:30:16 +0000

Nice! Congrats to all the authors and the WG. 

Sri

On 10/9/20, 3:07 PM, "dmm on behalf of [email-masked]" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

            RFC 8885

            DOI:        10.17487/RFC8885

    The RFC Editor Team

    _______________________________________________
    dmm mailing list
    [email-masked]
    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dmm

---

From: CARLOS JESUS BERNARDOS CANO <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 18:13:02 +0200

Thanks a lot Sri!

Carlos

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 8:30 PM Sri Gundavelli (sgundave) <sgundave=
[email-masked]> wrote:

> On 10/9/20, 3:07 PM, "dmm on behalf of [email-masked]" <
> [email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:
>