Subject: [DMM] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dmm-tn-aware-mobility-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 14:03:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Distributed Mobility Management WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Transport Network aware Mobility for 5G
        Authors         : Uma Chunduri
                          John Kaippallimalil
                          Sridhar Bhaskaran
                          Jeff Tantsura
                          Praveen Muley
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dmm-tn-aware-mobility-01.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2021-09-22

Abstract:
   This document specifies a framework and mapping of slices in 5G
   mobile systems to transport network slices in IP, Layer 2 or Layer 1
   transport networks.  Slices in 5G systems are characterized by
   latency bounds, reservation guarantees, jitter, data rates,
   availability, mobility speed, usage density, criticality and
   priority.  These characteristics mapped to transport network slice
   include bandwidth, latency and criteria such as isolation,
   directionality and disjoint routes.  Mobile slice criteria are mapped
   to the appropriate transport slice and capabilities offered in
   backhaul, midhaul and fronthaul connectivity segments between radio
   side network functions and user plane function(gateway).

   This document describes how mobile network functions map its slice
   criteria to identifiers in IP and Layer 2 packets that transport
   network segments use to grant transport layer services during UE
   mobility scenarios.  Applicability of this framework and underlying
   transport networks, which can enable different slice properties are
   also discussed.  This is based on mapping between mobile and
   transport underlays (L2, Segment Routing, IPv6, MPLS and IPv4).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmm-tn-aware-mobility/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dmm-tn-aware-mobility-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dmm-tn-aware-mobility-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/