Subject: [DNA] Issue 1: Remove the second part of Abstract

From: JinHyeock Choi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 15:18:44 +0900

Dear DNA WG 

This is an attempt to resolve this issue:

Issue 1 
Jim Bound proposed to remove the second part of Abstract. 
* This may necessitate the rewriting of Abstract. 

Suggested resolution: We rephrased the Abstract as belows. 

Abstract 

At the time a host establishes a new link-layer connection, it may or 
may not have a valid IP configuration for Internet connectivity. The 
host may check for link change, i.e. determine whether a link change 
has occurred, and then, based on the result, it can automatically 
decide whether its IP configuration is still valid or not. During 
link identity detection, the host may also collect necessary information 
to initiate a new IP configuration for the case that the IP subnet has 
changed. In this memo, this procedure is called Detecting Network 
Attachment (DNA). DNA schemes should be 1) precise, 2) sufficiently 
fast and 3) of limited signaling. 

Please register your opinion if you have any comments, otherwise 
we'll update the goals draft accordingly and move it forward.

Thanks for Greg's kind work, we now have the issue list at 

http://ctieware.eng.monash.edu.au/twiki/bin/view/DNA/DNAGoals

Thanks for your kind consideration. 

Best Regards

JinHyeock