Subject: [DNA] IMPORTANT: Combined DNA Solution draft

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:07:41 -0500

Hi Folks,
   At the last dna WG meeting at IETF63 in Paris, the WG could not 
achieve consensus on picking one of the two competing DNA solution 
proposals. The proposals were described in

*) draft-pentland-dna-protocol-00 : using Landmarks and Complete RA
*) draft-jinchoi-dna-protocol2-00 : using Link ID

The WG, however, achieved consensus that the proposals were similar 
enough that the ideas from both the proposals could be merged into a 
single combined solution which would combine the positive aspects of 
both of the original proposals. The authors of the above mentioned 
proposals have worked hard together behind the scenes and have come up 
with a combined solution. Thanks to Brett for volunteering to put 
together the document and to the original authors for resolving their 
differences. The combined solution has been submitted and is available at

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pentland-dna-protocol3-00.txt

Please take some time to read the document before the meeting as we 
would like to call for consensus during the dna meeting in Vancouver. 
Direct any issues and/or comments to the mailing list. As usual, if you 
think the draft is perfect and ready to go, please say so explicitly as 
well.

Thanks
Suresh & Greg