Subject: [DNA] draft-ietf-dna-tentative-00 submitted.

From: Greg Daley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:53:44 -0500

Dear WG,

A draft on tentative options for link layer addresses
has been submitted to the Internet Drafts repository

Title:
   Tentative Options for Link-Layer Addresses in
           IPv6 Neighbour Discovery

Abstract:
   The proposed IPv6 Duplicate Address Detection (DAD) Optimization
   "Optimistic DAD" defines a set of recoverable procedures which allow
   a node to make use of an address before DAD completes.  Essentially,
   Optimistic DAD forbids usage of certain Neighbour Discovery options
   which could pollute active neighbour cache entries, while an address
   is tentative.

   This document defines a new option and procedures to replace cache
   polluting options, in a way which is useful to tentative nodes.
   These procedures are designed to be to backward compatible with
   existing devices which support IPv6 Neighbour Discovery

Until the draft is published, it is available at:

http://www.ctie.monash.edu.au/gdaley/draft-ietf-dna-tentative-00.txt

Greg