Subject: [DNA] Issue 1: Use of 1.5 hours in the text

From: Sathya Narayanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 13:50:10 -0500

Issue: WiMAX is trying to increase the MaxRtrAdvInterval into hours or 
days. Should we change 1.5 hours to 3 * MaxRtrAdvInterval?
Agreement at the meeting: Yes. Lets make the change. We need to include 
the MaxRtrAdvInterval in the RA so that the hosts can know about the 
value. If different routers on the link use different values for 
MaxRtrAdvInterval, host should use the minimum (Should it be maximum?) 
value of MaxRtsAdvtInterval times three as the lifetime for prefixes in 
the DNAHostPrefixList.

If you have any objection to the proposed change, please post your 
objection on the list.

- Sathya

---

From: JinHyeock Choi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 14:00:12 +0900

Dear Sathya

> days. Should we change 1.5 hours to 3 * MaxRtrAdvInterval?

I think there is a misunderstanding. 1.5 hour is computed as 3 * 30 mins,
where 30 mins is NOT MaxRtrAdvInterval BUT Maximum MaxRtrAdvInterval.
(I am confused about MaxRtrAdvInterval and Maximum MaxRtrAdvInterval. :-()

MaxRtrAdvInterval can be any value between 3 secs and 1800 secs as below.

      MaxRtrAdvInterval
                     The maximum time allowed between sending
                     unsolicited multicast Router Advertisements from
                     the interface, in seconds.  MUST be no less than 4
                     seconds and no greater than 1800 seconds.

                     Default: 600 seconds

> If you have any objection to the proposed change, please post your

I propose to use 3 * Maximum MaxRtrAdvInterval as prefix lifetime.

Best Regards

JinHyeock