Subject: [DNA] Issue 2: What if no prefix is advertised?

From: Sathya Narayanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 13:50:55 -0500

Issue: If stateful autoconfiguration is used, the routers may not 
advertise any prefix in its RA message. DNA will not work without prefix 
advertised. Current text relies on DHCP confirm message exchange for DNA 
in that case.

Agreement at the meeting: Lets mandate the inclusion of one prefix in 
all RA message, with L= 0 and A=0. But, atleast one prefix is a MUST. 
The router MUST include the smallest prefix either in PIO or LPO of all 
RA messages.
Note: I am not refering to the smallest prefix as "LinkID" because in 
"Issue 6", I will be proposing the removal of the concept of LinkIDs. 
The forward compatibility advantage of the LinkIDs can be easily 
supported and refer to the email on Issue 6 is further details.

If you have any objections to the proposed change please post your 
objections on the list.

- Sathya

---

From: JinHyeock Choi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 14:25:10 +0900

> If you have any objections to the proposed change please post your

I agree and, IMO, the concept of 'LinkID' is of help. It would be
simpler to mandate to include LinkID prefix.

Best Regards

JinHyeock