Subject: [dns-privacy] Problem statements and Process

From: Hugo Maxwell Connery <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 19:31:23 +0000

Hi,

There seem to have been issues with "problem statements".
My two cents.

"Fix the Internet w.r.t pervasive monitoring" will not lead,
in 'reasonable' time, to concrete standards.

Instead, groups are formed with a charter, including a limited 
scope of field for consideration.  Other scopes can be created 
and new working groups formed should no consensus be reached,
or even if the reached consensus proves to be insufficient,
unimplementable etc..

The IETF has, with its working methods, shepherded one of
the greatest constructs that homo sapiens sapiens has 
manufactured.  Yes, processes need review, but that may be
an *even longer* discussion than "Fix the Internet ...".
(No problem there, but process modification is outside the scope 
of DPRIVE :)

This WG seems to be consolidating around a limited number
of solutions to the stub-to-recursive resolver challenge, for
which I am glad.

Let's focus on the problem space and see what can be
created.

With respect,

  Hugo Connery