Subject: Re: [dns-privacy] DNScurve limits (Was: Agenda time.

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 09:11:07 -0800

Warren replied:
 >PHB wrote:
 >> I don't see using DNSCurve as it is to be an option. At minimum we would
 >> need thorough documentation.
 >
 > Ok, so how about we say that it isn't a solution that we are currently
 > considering, but if folk fully document dnscurve / dnscrypt in a
 > draft, and bring it to the IETF / DPRIVE we will might consider it
 > (and, obviously if it becomes a WG item, change it to meet the our
 > requirements...)

Just fyi/fwiw in case it's of use (I'm not advocating any position here and 
I note dnscurve is not directly on the DPRIV agenda):

There was a fair amount of list discussion back in 2009 & 2010 wrt dnscurve. 
here's pointers to a few of such threads (there's also others)..

[dnsext] DNSCurve Internet-Draft
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 14:59:33 -0800
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dnsext/current/msg07149.html

(in)Security Analysis and Catastrophically bad Design: Re: [dnsext] DNSCurve 
Internet-Draft
Wed, 3 Mar 2010 09:15:28 -0800
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dnsext/current/msg07208.html

[dnsext] Adoption of draft-dempsky-dnscurve-01
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 14:22:25 -0400
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dnsext/current/msg08817.html

   http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dempsky-dnscurve-01

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dempsky-dnscurve/

---
end