Subject: [dns-privacy] Temporary port allocated (853)

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 16:32:43 -0400

Hi there all,

We now have a temporary port allocated, as below.
Much thanks to IANA for choosing a port that ends in 53 :-)

If you have an implementation running on a random / experimental port you
may want to update it...

(Apologies for terseness / format, sent from phone)

Your request has been processed.  We have assigned the following
system port number as an early allocations per RFC7120, with the DPRIVE
Chairs as the point of contact:

domain-s        853     tcp     DNS query-response protocol run over
TLS/DTLS
domain-s        853     udp     DNS query-response protocol run over
TLS/DTLS

See:  http://www.iana.org/assignments/service-names-port-numbers

These registrations both have the following early allocation note:
TEMPORARY - registered 2015-10-08, expires 2016-10-08

W

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad idea in
the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair of
pants.
   ---maf