Subject: [dns-privacy] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dprive-edns0-padding-02.txt> (The EDNS(0) Padding Option) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 17:02:26 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the DNS PRIVate Exchange WG (dprive)
to consider the following document:
- 'The EDNS(0) Padding Option'
  <draft-ietf-dprive-edns0-padding-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-02-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the EDNS(0) 'Padding' option, which allows
   DNS clients and servers to pad request and response messages by a
   variable number of octets.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dprive-edns0-padding/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dprive-edns0-padding/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.