Subject: [dns-privacy] Tsvart telechat review of draft-ietf-dprive-padding-policy-05

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 05:49:56 -0700

Reviewer: Magnus Westerlund
Review result: Ready with Nits

This is a follow up to the previous review:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/review-ietf-dprive-padding-policy-04-tsvart-lc-westerlund-2018-04-04/

Thanks for resolving the previously raised issues.

I did notice in Section 4.1 that the following paragraph:

   The Block Size will interact with the MTU size.  Especially for
   length values that are a large fraction of the MTU, unless the block
   length is chosen so that a multiple just fits into the MTU, Block
   Length Padding may cause unneccessary fragmentation for UDP based
   delivery.  Also, chosing a block length larger than the MTU of course
   forces to always fragment.

Is repeated with just one paragraph between them.

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 08:52:58 -0400

Magnus,
     Thanks for the review. I will await direction from the shepherding
AD as to when he would like to see this change made.

Regards,
Brian

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 08:52:58 -0400

Magnus,

Regards,
Brian

---

From: Alexander Mayrhofer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 14:53:46 +0200

Magnus,

thanks for spotting that. This must have been a late stage editorial
mishap before i uploaded the XML. I will address this together with
other changes from the IESG evaluation.

best,
Alex

---

From: Alexander Mayrhofer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 14:53:46 +0200

Magnus,

best,
Alex