Subject: [dns-privacy] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-reddy-dprive-dprive-privacy-policy-01.txt

From: tirumal reddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2019 13:35:30 +0530

Hi all,

This revision
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reddy-dprive-dprive-privacy-policy-01
addresses comments from Paul and others. As a reminder, the draft discusses
a mechanism for the DNS server to communicate its cryptographically signed
privacy policy information to a DNS client.

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Best Regards,
-Tiru

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 at 14:06
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-reddy-dprive-dprive-privacy-policy-01.txt
To: Tirumaleswar Reddy <[email-masked]>, Dan Wing <[email-masked]>,
Michael C. Richardson <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-reddy-dprive-dprive-privacy-policy-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tirumaleswar Reddy and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-reddy-dprive-dprive-privacy-policy
Revision:       01
Title:          DNS server privacy policy with assertion token
Document date:  2019-10-25
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          25
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reddy-dprive-dprive-privacy-policy-01.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-reddy-dprive-dprive-privacy-policy/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reddy-dprive-dprive-privacy-policy-01
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-reddy-dprive-dprive-privacy-policy
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-reddy-dprive-dprive-privacy-policy-01

Abstract:
   Users want to control how their DNS queries are handled by DNS
   servers so they can configure their system to use DNS servers that
   comply with their privacy expectations.

   This document defines a mechanism for a DNS server to communicate its
   privacy policy to a DNS client.  This communication is
   cryptographically signed to attest to its authenticity.  By
   evaluating the DNS privacy policy and the signatory, the DNS client
   can choose a DNS server that best supports its desired privacy
   policies.  The privacy assertion token is particularly useful for
   DNS-over-TLS and DNS-over-HTTPS servers, both public resolvers and
   those discovered on the local network.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat