Subject: Re: [dns-privacy] [Add] Narrowed-down proposal

From: Brian Dickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 17:09:47 +0800

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 4:23 PM <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > From: Add <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Stephen Farrell
> >
> > If there were sufficient interest in the above from multiple
> implementers and
> > operators, then I'd be in agreement with Jari. I don't think we know if
> that is or is
> > not the case. (Well, I don't know anyway.)
>

I'm very much interested in working on the "Discovery of resolvers and
their capabilities and behaviors" item and the "Support for debugging and
analysis".

I have some ideas that might combine those two through mechanisms that
support both use cases, so it might be possible to reduce the list of items
by one.
(This may lead to an actual "DNS traceroute", BTW.)

I'd prefer to work with 2-3 co-authors to ensure progress and good
collaboration, not more and not fewer. Please contact me off-list if you
are interested, presuming (a) WG formation, and (b) WG chair approval.

I'm willing to contribute ideas and review the item "Local DNS caches (e.g.
partitioning, use of stale records)". (I think that one is particularly
important, and important to get right.)

Brian