Subject: [dns-privacy] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dprive-xfr-over-tls-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 06:46:46 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS PRIVate Exchange WG of the IETF.

        Title           : DNS Zone Transfer-over-TLS
        Authors         : Han Zhang
                          Pallavi Aras
                          Willem Toorop
                          Sara Dickinson
                          Allison Mankin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dprive-xfr-over-tls-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2019-11-18

Abstract:
   DNS zone transfers are transmitted in clear text, which gives
   attackers the opportunity to collect the content of a zone by
   eavesdropping on network connections.  The DNS Transaction Signature
   (TSIG) mechanism is specified to restrict direct zone transfer to
   authorized clients only, but it does not add confidentiality.  This
   document specifies use of DNS-over-TLS to prevent zone contents
   collection via passive monitoring of zone transfers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dprive-xfr-over-tls/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dprive-xfr-over-tls-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dprive-xfr-over-tls-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Bob Harold <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 12:28:21 -0500

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dprive-xfr-over-tls-00

Looks good to me.

Minor changes:

4.3. Data Leakage of NOTIFY and SOA Message Exchanges

"Since the SOA of the published zone can be trivially discovered by
simply querying the publicly available authoritative servers leakage
RR of this is not discussed in the following sections."

"RR of this" -> "of this RR"

6.4. IP Based ACL on the Primary

"This is also possible with XoT but it must be noted that as with TCP
the implementation of such and ACL cannot be enforced"

"and ACL" -> "an ACL"

-- 
Bob Harold