Subject: [dns-privacy] Suresh Krishnan's No Objection on draft-ietf-dprive-bcp-op-08: (with COMMENT)

From: Suresh Krishnan via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 21:33:16 -0800

Suresh Krishnan has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dprive-bcp-op-08: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dprive-bcp-op/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

* Section 5.2.3.

I found Table 1 to be extremely confusing. It is not clear from the table
whether all of the properties are concurrently applicable to a certain
technique when an "X" appears there. e.g. TC has marks for Format preserving,
Prefix preserving, Reordering/Shuffling, and Random substitution. Some of these
seem to be mutually exclusive. It would be good if you can clarify.

I support Alissa and Ben's Discusses.