Subject: [dns-privacy] Reminder on list name / address...

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 15:11:57 -0400

Hi there all,

Just a reminder that, because reasons[0], the DPRIVE WG email list is
[email-masked], NOT [email-masked]...

Sending mail to dprive@ ends up with the mail held as "Message has
implicit destination" and a list admin has to click the "Accept"
button. This means you mail will be delayed...

W
[0]: Yeah, this was my fault - when we formed DPRIVE I argued that we
should keep the existing and busy list. This seems to have been a
mistake...

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
of pants.
   ---maf

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 15:33:10 -0400

> button. This means you mail will be delayed...

... and thanks to Brian Haberman poking me (off-list) I looked into
this a bit more.
There is a forward from dprive@ -> dns-privacy@, but this means that
the To: line does not match what mailman expects, triggering the
"Message has implicit destination" error.
I have poked around in mailman and added dprive@ to the 'Alias names
(regexps) which qualify as explicit to or cc destination names for
this list.', so this may now be working... or not...

W