Subject: [dns-privacy] Datatracker State Update Notice: <draft-ietf-dprive-rfc7626-bis-06.txt>

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 02:26:40 -0700

IESG state changed:

New State: IESG Evaluation

(The previous state was Waiting for AD Go-Ahead::AD Followup)

Datatracker URL: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dprive-rfc7626-bis/

---

From: Rob Sayre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 14:54:54 -0700

While it might be too late to debate this point, I would say the paragraph
that begins with "Users will only be aware of..." and the following
bullet points could be dropped. It seems to state that users can't change
settings if there are no settings three times (this seems obvious). One
bullet point mentions a "change in default". I do not think these settings
represent a "default", although they may represent the status quo on some
systems (but not all).

The third paragraph says "Application-specific changes to default
destinations for users' DNS" seems to concern an OS API subject (something
for POSIX etc), rather than an IETF protocol issue.

thanks,
Rob

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 2:26 AM IETF Secretariat <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Datatracker URL:
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dprive-rfc7626-bis/
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> dns-privacy mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dns-privacy
>