Subject: [dns-privacy] DPRIVE Interim

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2021 16:06:25 -0500

Hi all,
     As was mentioned during the IETF 109 session, the chairs are
interested in holding an interim meeting to make progress on privacy
services between recursives and authoritatives. The focus for this
interim would be on exploring the use of opportunistic encryption
between recursive resolvers and non-TLD authoritative servers. The
chairs opted to focus on non-TLD authoritative servers given some of the
complexities (e.g., per-zone vs per-server) raised during IETF 109.

     To facilitate the scheduling of the interim, we have put together a
poll. Please fill in the poll to indicate your availability to actively
participate in the interim.

https://doodle.com/poll/u6qv2ak4w872c2m4?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link

The chairs will close the poll on Jan. 11th so that we can make the
interim meeting request to the secretariat in a timely fashion. We will
also post a preliminary agenda in the next few days.

Regards,
Brian & Tim

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 13:39:36 -0500

Thanks to everyone who responded to the poll. Given the results, I will
schedule the interim for Jan. 27th from 1800-2000 UTC and post an agenda
shortly.

Regards,
Brian

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 19:04:19 +0000

> schedule the interim for Jan. 27th from 1800-2000 UTC and post an agenda

Two notes:
- The DPRIVE interim starts 30 minutes after the ADD interim ends. This is good timing!
- I will have a new version of the opportunistic draft out well before then. I now have data for estimating how long to wait for a TLS session to start.

--Paul Hoffman