Subject: [dns-privacy] Fwd: NomCom 2021-2022 Call for Nominations

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 11:21:19 -0400

Hey all,
     Please note that call for nominations for leadership positions is
open. Any input you can provide to the NomCom is appreciated.

Regards,
Brian

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: NomCom 2021-2022 Call for Nominations
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 07:03:54 -0700
From: NomCom Chair 2021 <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>
CC: [email-masked]

Finally! The moment we've all been waiting for:

   C A L L       F O R       N O M I N A T I O N S  ! ! !

The 2021-22 IETF Nominating Committee (NomCom) is seeking nominations
from now until Monday, October 11, 2021.
The open positions and more information are found at the NomCom web site:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2021/
They are also included below for convenience.

Nominations may be made by selecting the Nominate link at the top of the
NomCom 2021 home page, or by visiting the following URL:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2021/nominate/

Self-nomination is welcome!
Note:  Nominations made using the web tool require an ietf.org
datatracker account. You can create a datatracker ietf.org account if
you don't have one already by visiting the following URL:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/accounts/create/

If you are unable to use the web form, nominations may instead be made
by email to nomcom-2021 at ietf dot org. If using email, please include
the word "Nominate" in the Subject and indicate in the email who is
being nominated, their email address (to confirm acceptance of the
nomination), and the position for which you are making the nomination.
If you are nominating someone other than yourself, please tell us if we
may tell the nominee that you were the one who made the nomination. If
you wish to nominate someone via email for more than one position,
please use separate emails to do so.

Willing nominees will be asked to fill out a questionnaire specific to
the position for which they are nominated. The finalized questionnaires
will be available no later than Monday, September 6, 2021 (preliminary
versions are already posted) and have a submission deadline of Monday,
October 18, 2021.
NomCom 2021-22 will follow the policy for "Open Disclosure of Willing
Nominees" described in BCP 10/RFC 8713: "The list of nominees willing to
be considered for positions under review in the current NomCom cycle is
not confidential". Willing nominees for each position will be listed in
a publicly accessible way, e.g., anyone with a datatracker account may
access the lists. Additionally, the nomination form asks if we may share
your own name with the nominee. In all other ways, the confidentiality
requirements of BCP 10 remain in effect. All feedback and all NomCom
deliberations will remain confidential and will not be disclosed.

There is a field on the form you can mark in order to allow the NomCom
to tell the nominee that you were the one who made the nomination. This
defaults to “no” - so if you don't mark the field we won’t tell.

In order to ensure time to collect sufficient community feedback about
each of the willing nominees, nominations must be received by the NomCom
on or before Monday, October 11, 2021.

Please submit your nominations as early as possible for the sake of your
nominees. Note that nominations should not wait for nominee management
permission, as it is easier to decline the nomination than put one in late.

The NomCom appoints individuals to fill open slots on the IAB, IESG, the
IETF Trust and the LLC Board:

	ART AD: 1 position
	INT AD: 1 position
	OPS AD: 1 position
	RTG AD: 1 position
	SEC AD: 1 position
	TSV AD: 1 position
	IETF Trust: 1 position
	IETF LLC: 1 position
	IAB: 6 positions

The list of people and posts whose terms end with the March 2022 IETF
meeting, and thus the positions for which this NomCom is responsible, is:

[An asterisk (*) next to a person's name indicates they do not intend to
accept renomination.]

	LLC Board (3-year term)
		Jason Livingood
		
	IETF Trust (3-year term)
		Kathleen Moriarty
		
	IAB (2-year term)
		Ben Campbell *
		Cullen Jennings
		Mirja Kühlewind
		Jared Mauch
		Tommy Pauly
		Jiankang Yao
		
	IESG (2-year term)
		Murray Kucherawy, ART AD
		Erik Kline, INT AD
		Robert Wilton, OPS AD
		Martin Vigoureux, RTG AD
		Benjamin Kaduk, SEC AD *
		Martin Duke, TSV AD

Please be resourceful in identifying possible candidates for these
positions, as developing our talent is a very crucial requirement for
the IETF, and also, please consider accepting a nomination. You'll find
extensive information about specific positions, in individual tabs at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2021/requirements/
In addition to nominations, the NomCom seeks community input on the
positions themselves. We need and welcome the community's views and
input on the jobs within each organization. If you have ideas on the
positions’ responsibilities (more, less, different), please let us know.

Please send suggestions and feedback about this to nomcom-2021 at ietf
dot org.
Thank you for your help in identifying qualified nominees!
Thanks,

Gabriel Montenegro
IETF NomCom Chair 2021-22
nomcom-chair-2021 at ietf dot org

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce