Subject: [dns-privacy] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-dickson-dprive-adot-auth-06.txt

From: Brian Dickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2021 19:27:32 -0800

Dear DPRIVE and DNSOP,
Here is one of the drafts referenced in my presentation(s) on Thursday.
Brian

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 6:11 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-dickson-dprive-adot-auth-06.txt
To: Brian Dickson <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-dickson-dprive-adot-auth-06.txt
has been successfully submitted by Brian Dickson and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-dickson-dprive-adot-auth
Revision:       06
Title:          Authenticated DNS over TLS to Authoritative Servers
Document date:  2021-11-09
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          17
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-dickson-dprive-adot-auth-06.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dickson-dprive-adot-auth/
Html:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-dickson-dprive-adot-auth-06.html
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dickson-dprive-adot-auth
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dickson-dprive-adot-auth-06

Abstract:
   This Internet Draft proposes a mechanism for DNS resolvers to
   discover support for TLS transport to authoritative DNS servers, to
   validate this indication of support, and to authenticate the TLS
   certificates involved.

   This requires that the name server _names_ are in a DNSSEC signed
   zone.

   This also requires that the delegation of the zone served is
   protected by [I-D.dickson-dnsop-ds-hack], since the NS names are the
   keys used for discovery of TLS transport support.

   Additional recommendations relate to use of various techniques for
   efficiency and scalability, and new EDNS options to minimize round
   trips and for signaling between clients and resolvers.

The IETF Secretariat