Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2538bis-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Storing Certificates in the Domain Name System (DNS)
	Author(s)	: S. Josefsson
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2538bis-06.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2005-9-15
	
Cryptographic public keys are frequently published and their
   authenticity demonstrated by certificates.  A CERT resource record
   (RR) is defined so that such certificates and related certificate
   revocation lists can be stored in the Domain Name System (DNS).

   This document obsoletes RFC 2538.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2538bis-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2538bis-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2538bis-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:13:29 +0200

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2538bis-06.txt

Dear WG, FYI:

With the -06 document, the last call comments made by Pekka Savola and
Edward Lewis, as well as the post last call comments from Peter Koch
and Marcos Sanz, should be resolved.  Some changes to address Douglas
Otis last call comment has been applied, but I believe an "OK" from
Douglas is still pending.

A rfcdiff against the -05 is availble at:

http://josefsson.org/rfc2538bis/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2538bis-from--05.diff.html

I believe the only pending issue before we can hand this document to
the IESG is the issues discussed in the thread with Douglas Otis and
myself.  All other comments should be address, please prod me if this
is not the case.  Sadly there is little input from other WG members in
the current thread.  If you want to help this document forward, then
please participate in that discussion!

Thanks,
Simon

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>