Subject: [dnsext] Outstanding WG last calls

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 14:30:00 -0400

Dear colleagues,

Owing to interest expressed by some participants in the WG, and due to
the fact that many WG participants were on vacation during the month of
August, the Working Group Last Call initiated on 31 July for
draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2672bis-dname-14 is hereby extended until 25
September, 2008.

Since we also have had little response to the WGLC initiated on 14
August for draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-rsasha256-05, that is hereby
extended, too, until 25 September 2008.

The working group adopted these drafts as working group items.
Moreover, one of them is in our list of milestones.  This means we
have a responsibility to review them, and decide whether they should
proceed from the working group.  Please read one or both of those
documents, and send your comments to the mailing list.  If you already
have done, thanks.  Your comments have been noted.

In Dublin, there were many bodies in the WG meeting.  Surely among
those are the remaining people needed to provide five reviewers for
each of these documents -- both are under 20 pages.  

If you are a new participant and are reluctant to have your first work
be a review during WGLC, don't be -- everyone has to start somewhere,
and one only learns the techniques for reviewing documents by actually
performing the reviews.  It will probably be more work the first time,
but you will have the opportunity to learn the relevant standards in
some depth this way.  (Also, note that WG chairs tend to appreciate
active reviewers.  Think of the liquid reward points you might
accumulate!)

If you are among those who supported adoption of these drafts as WG
items, but have not performed a review, then we ask you to perform a
review now.  (We also ask you in future to consider carefully the
likelihood that you will in fact perform a review when the question is
put to you whether you support adopting a document.)

The Chairs remind the participants that the WG has adopted a convention,
whereby documents that cannot get adequate review will not be
advanced.  Therefore, if these two documents do not get the requisite
review by 25 September, we will have to interpret that as lack of
interest on the part of the working group, and we will not be able to
send the documents to the IESG.

Best regards,

Andrew (for the Chairs)

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]
+1 503 667 4564 x104
http://www.commandprompt.com/

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>