Subject: Re: [dnsext] matching begin/end SOA in AXFR

From: Alfred Hönes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 12:16:46 +0200 (MESZ)

Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 12:41:57PM -0700, JINMEI Tatuya wrote:
>> 
>> No, I just didn't know the statement of axfr-clarify draft in question
>> came from this part of RFC1034.  With this reference the meaning of
>> "same" is clearer.
>
> Does this suggest a clarifying reference maybe ought to be added to
> the draft?  That's certainly easy enough to add even at this late stage.
>
> A

I run entirely out of IETF time this week and did not have the time
yet to follow this thread in detail.  Will do next weekend and come
up with a more precise proposal (to change or not to change ...).

Basically, the bulk of Section 1.4 once had been added to axfr-clarify
just to point to _all_ text related to AXFR that I was able to locate
in both RFC 1034 and RFC 1035.
Section 4.3.5 of RFC 1034 and Section 6.3 of RFC 1035 are both called
out in the second paragraph of Section 1.4 of the draft.

Kind regards,
  Alfred.