Subject: Re: your mail

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 08:37:56 -0700 (PDT)

> Internet Assigned Numbers Authority                          Randy Bush
> INTERNET-DRAFT                                                    Verio
> draft-dnsop-root-opreq-00.txt                                  99.03.15
> 
> 
>                Root Name Server Operational Requirements

VS. 

dnsop                                                        Randy Bush
INTERNET-DRAFT                                                    Verio
draft-bush-dnsop-root-opreq-00.txt                         Mark Kosters
April 1999                                            Network Solutions

               Root Name Server Operational Requirements

...

	It looks like very little of the discussion that occured on the
namedroppers mailing list as a result of the posting of your first draft
has made it into your second iteration.  And given the name change, 
many people will never know that many of the root operators have already
raised concerns about presumptions made and not backed up in these drafts.
I find it odd that these documents in no way reflect any relationship to
RFC 2010, "Operational Criteria for Root Name Servers".  

-- 
--bill

---

From: Paul A Vixie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 09:50:50 -0700

i agree with bill.