Subject: a new platform for DNS experimentation

From: Todd Graham Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 17:37:06 -0500 (EST)

We over at the Dents project have recently come up with a neat mechanism
for generating dynamic dns content.  It's a CGI-like mechanism, whereby
the Dents server talks to external programs via a simple, line-oriented
protocol.  (Unlike CGI, the external processes are persistent, so the
cost per query is fairly low.)  I've recently written an article on the
matter, which can be found at:

http://www.lwn.net/1999/features/dyndnsdents.html

This may be useful to the standards community for various experimental
purposes, which is why I mention it here.

Our web page is at http://www.dents.org.  There, you can find instructions
on how to subscribe to our mailing list.  Please direct relevant
followups there.

-- 
Todd Graham Lewis       [email-masked]     (800) 719-4664, x22804

"It's still ludicrous that nobody's ever made a run at us by making UNIX
 a popular platform on PCs.  It's almost too late now."  -- Steve Balmer
"It is too late."   -- Bill Gates             _Newsweek_, 6/23/97, p. 82