Subject: New (last?) A6 draft submitted

From: "Matt Crawford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 12:43:35 -0600

I just submitted draft-ietf-ipngwg-dns-lookups-06.txt to the i-d
editor.  The following are ALL the changes since -05:

 1. Updated the silent co-authors' affiliations
 2. Added a table of contents
 3. Dropped ", one new query type" from the abstract, since there was
   no new qtype defined.
 4. Changed "on" to "and" in the title of section 7.

The ipngwg chairs announced a one-week last call on -05, on the
understanding that fixes 3 & 4 above were still to be made.
Unfortunately the last call does not seem to have been CC'd to
namedroppers as it ought to have been.

I have not seen any last call comments on -05.

				Matt

---

From: Jim Bound <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 19:25:54 -0500

Matt,

I don't want to hold up a last call.  But one thing I have heard from
implementors of the draft for BIND is that the depth of the chains for
A6 records can cause some issues for performance and partial addresses
which cannot be returned.  The discussion among implementors of this is
that we probably need some operational statements regarding the use of
A6 records.  I think that is a separate draft personally and this
should move forward, but wanted to send in this thought.

/jim