Subject: WGLC summary: APL

From: Olafur Gudmundsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 1999 12:54:25 -0500

There were few responses on the last call of the 
"A DNS RR Type for Lists of Address Prefixes (APL RR)" 
document on the mailing list. 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsind-apl-rr-03.txt

First: Overall comments
	There where some positive responses, no negative ones. 
	A questions was raised about textual representation of APL records.
	A comment was made that the text guiding how applications specify the 
	use of the APL records be strengthened.

Second: Negative comments
	A question was raised on why this should be done, this was answered.

Third: Positive comments and applicability statements
	There where no explicit examples or use comments provided. 

At this point the working group chair has a hard time sensing the working
group consensus. The chair will address this in the working group 
meeting and ask the question if the issues raised in the last call are 
addressed to the satisfaction of the interested parties, the draft is ready
for advancement.  A new WGLC may be needed after changes are made. 

	Olafur

--------
Olafur Gudmundsson - NAI Labs 			(443)-259-2389 
The Security Research Division of Network Associates, Inc.
[email-masked]  [email-masked]  Private: [email-masked]