Subject: new root server load?

From: "D. J. Bernstein" <[email-masked]>
Date: 9 Jan 2001 07:08:40 -0000

Does anyone know how many queries the root servers are answering, now
that .com has been moved to separate machines (except A)? The ISC web
page on F appears to have obsolete information.

---Dan

---

From: "Piet E. Barber" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 15:12:18 -0500

> page on F appears to have obsolete information.

Most of the root servers (those that serve in-addr.arpa) serve out
around 3000qps.   Those that don't serve in-addr.arpa should be slightly
lower.

The A root server, which still carries COM/NET/ORG, (but not for long)
along with being at the top of a static NS Set, (i.e. the NS RR set
doesn't get round-robin'ed), gets an average of 12,000qps or about
1*10^9 queries per day.

--
Piet Barber ([email-masked])
  Verisign Global Registry Services, gTLD team
  http://www.verisign-grs.com