Subject: DNSOP working group formed.

From: Lars-Johan Liman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 17:15:27 +0200

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It seems we have ourelves a working group. As I understand it, IESG
has approved the formation of a DNSOP working group. The charter can
be obtained from your nearest IETF document repository.

Ray Plzak of nic.mil has volunteered to become a WG co-chair, to
assist me in keeping law and order in this community ;-), an offer I
gladly accept. If you have any concerns about this that you would like
to bring forward, please do so, either publicly (to the mailing list)
or privately (to me), and I will try to deal with them as best I can.

If not, let's get going!

I have already received a formal submission of the Root Server
Requirements document, which I intend to submit to the secretariat
under the DNSOP name immediately following this message.

I would like so solicit (updated?) draft documents from our other
editors regarding
  - Key management and DNSSEC procedures
  - Multiple servers sharing the same IP address
  - Performance and measuring
and the rest of you to give your input to the discussion.

I have requested a timeslot in Olso, and we been allotted a
preliminary chunk at

[email-masked]:
> DNSOP is tentatively scheduled as follows:
> 	Thursday, July 15 at 1930-2200
> 		other groups scheduled at that time: gsmp, impp, malloc

I hope that is "roughly OK" with you folks.

I will try to set up a web page with the charter and documents shortly.

Now, what did I forget?

				Best regards,
				  /Liman
#----------------------------------------------------------------------
# What the DNS really needs, is CLUE records ... ;-)
#----------------------------------------------------------------------
# Lars-Johan Liman			! E-mail: [email-masked]
# KTH Network Operations Centre         ! HTTP  : //www.sunet.se/~liman
# Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden	! Voice : Int +46 8 - 790 65 60
#----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 08:23:52 -0700 (PDT)

> under the DNSOP name immediately following this message.

	There were several comments received about the two 
	versions of this document which the authors have not
	addressed. While posting a draft is one thing, I'd 
	be concerned about the draft proceeding as it was last 
	circulated.

--bill

---

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 11:51:31 -0400

>be obtained from your nearest IETF document repository.

Yipee!  But now I have to write...

I'll be working on the key handling draft this week.  The IETF deadline is
June 25, I believe.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis                                       Network Associates/TIS
Phone: +1 443-259-2352                             Email: [email-masked]

Think globally, scope locally.
"Trying is the first step to failure." - Homer Simpson
"No! Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Opinions expressed are property of my evil twin, not my employer.