Subject: Order in the working-group! :-(

From: Lars-Johan Liman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 20:03:59 +0200

>From the chair:

I have noticed that the very recently submitted
  draft-ietf-dnsop-shared-root-server-01.txt
is noticably close to the earlier
  draft-ohta-root-servers-00.txt
and bears no resemblance what so ever to the previous
  draft-ietf-dnsop-shared-root-server-00.txt

It has been brought to my attention that the author of dnsop*-00 was
not informed about this.

Let me just say that this is totally unacceptable behaviour, and to
prevent it from happening again, I have asked the secretariat to
obtain acknowledgement from me or Ray before they update or create any
working-group document in the repository. I have also asked that
  draft-ietf-dnsop-shared-root-server-00.txt
be resubmitted as a personal draft.

I still intend to discuss
  draft-ietf-dnsop-shared-root-server-00.txt
in Oslo, and all documents, including that one,
are available at
  ftp://ftp.cafax.se/pub/dnsop/

I'm having a private discussion with the involved parties to try to
resolve the situation.

:-(

				  /Liman
#----------------------------------------------------------------------
# Lars-Johan Liman			! E-mail: [email-masked]
# KTH Network Operations Centre         ! HTTP  : //www.sunet.se/~liman
# Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden	! Voice : Int +46 8 - 790 65 60
#----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Masataka Ohta <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 99 13:39:14 JST

Lars-Joan;

>   draft-ietf-dnsop-shared-root-server-00.txt

Based on the mailing list discussion, I, who has been working
as the WG editor on the issue, revised the WG draft,

>   draft-ietf-dnsop-shared-root-server-00.txt

back to the original content on which the WG has been discussing.

It was unfortunate that

>   draft-ietf-dnsop-shared-root-server-00.txt

was suddenly popped up with no coordination with the rest of the
WG, which was a disorder of violation of your direction to the
author.

But, the order in the working group is now restored.

> It has been brought to my attention that the author of dnsop*-00 was

It was informed to the author publicly in this mailing list.

Note that because the dnsop*-00 draft was issued just before the
ID deadline, there was no time to discuss about the content of
the revision.

> I have also asked that

That's the correct labeling if the author want private change control.
The change control of WG draft is on WG, not on authors.

							Masataka Ohta