Subject: draft-lindberg-dnsop-isp-root-server-00.txt

From: Gunnar Lindberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 14:30:57 +0200 (MET DST)

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lindberg-dnsop-isp-root-server-00.txt

>From [email-masked]  Wed Aug 18 14:28:07 1999
>Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
>To: IETF-Announce: ;
>From: [email-masked]
>Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lindberg-dnsop-isp-root-server-00.txt
>Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 07:06:24 -0400

>--NextPart

>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

>	Title		: ISP Operated Root Name Servers
>	Author(s)	: G. Lindberg
>	Filename	: draft-lindberg-dnsop-isp-root-server-00.txt
>	Pages		: 6
>	Date		: 17-Aug-99
>	
>This memo proposes a way to increase the number of DNS Root Servers
>(today 13) to assure robustness.  This does increase complexity, but
>the increased complexity is kept entirely within the DNS itself.

>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lindberg-dnsop-isp-root-server-00.txt

>Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
>"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
>type "cd internet-drafts" and then
>	"get draft-lindberg-dnsop-isp-root-server-00.txt".

>A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
>http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
>or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

>Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

>Send a message to:
>	[email-masked].
>In the body type:
>	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lindberg-dnsop-isp-root-server-00.txt".
>	
>NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
>	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
>	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
>	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
>	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
>	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
>	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
>	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
>	how to manipulate these messages.
>		
>		
>Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
>implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
>Internet-Draft.

>--NextPart
>Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

>--OtherAccess
>Content-Type: Message/External-body;
>	access-type="mail-server";
>	server="[email-masked]"

>Content-Type: text/plain
>Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

>ENCODING mime
>FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lindberg-dnsop-isp-root-server-00.txt

>--OtherAccess
>Content-Type: Message/External-body;
>	name="draft-lindberg-dnsop-isp-root-server-00.txt";
>	site="ftp.ietf.org";
>	access-type="anon-ftp";
>	directory="internet-drafts"

>Content-Type: text/plain
>Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

>--OtherAccess--

>--NextPart--