Subject: Future plans for keyhand doc

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 16:33:56 -0400

During the session in Oslo, the question of the future of the keyhand
document was asked.  I thought of an answer a few days after the meeting
that is better than "it's an ongoing document."

The progression of the document is dependent on the deployment of
DNSSEC-enabled DNS software, such as BIND and other nameserver development
efforts.  I think it would be reasonable to pin the document due dates to
the releases of code, more so than the calendar.  However, the charter
pages want dates.

Since BIND 9 is due to be out sometime in winter/spring/summer/fall (;))
2000, the only DNSSEC release data I have, I would put a date on publishing
keyhand around mid summer next year - or fall if we can put a date that far
out.  This would give some time to get operational experience with a name
server and resolver built for DNSSEC.

Is this satisfactory?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis                                                NAI Labs
Phone: +1 443-259-2352                      Email: [email-masked]

"Trying is the first step to failure." - Homer Simpson
"No! Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Opinions expressed are property of my evil twin, not my employer.