Subject: Re: draft-dnsop-root-opreq-00.txt

From: Peter Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 18:21:47 +0100

>    2.6 Root servers MUST answer queries from any internet host, i.e. may
>        not block root name resolution from any valid IP address, except
>        in the case of queries causing operational problems, in which
>        case the blocking SHOULD last only as long as the problem, and be
>        as specific as reasonably possible.

Is this meant to imply they MUST answer AXFR queries for the root zone?

-Peter

---

From: "Matt Crawford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 11:32:49 -0600

> >        [ ... ]

REFUSED is an answer, isn't it?

---

From: Chris Yarnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 09:39:22 -0800 (PST)

> >        not block root name resolution from any valid IP address, except
[...]
> Is this meant to imply they MUST answer AXFR queries for the root zone?

Well, a refusal is an 'answer', IMO.  I think this section speaks to root
servers selectively blocking certain hosts or netblocks completely?