Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsop-dnsseccairn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 06:56:51 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name Server Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: DNSSEC Implementation in the CAIRN Testbed
	Author(s)	: D. Massey, T. Lehman, E. Lewis 
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dnsop-dnsseccairn-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 22-Oct-99
	
This draft describes the operational and administrative considerations
encountered as part of the migration from a traditional Domain Name
Service (DNS) infrastructure to one based on DNS Security (DNSSEC).
The information presented in this draft is based on the implementation
of DNSSEC in the Collaborative Advanced Inter-agency Research Network
(CAIRN) testbed.  CAIRN is a DARPA funded testbed used by Government,
University, and Commercial researchers to conduct Internet Protocol
(IP) network based research.  Additional information on the CAIRN
testbed is available at http://www.cairn.net.  Details on the DNSSEC
implementation in CAIRN can be found at http://www.cairn.net/DNSSEC.

It is envisioned that the information presented in this draft can be
used as a starting reference for sites interested in deploying DNSSEC.
It is also hoped that reporting on the experience of CAIRN DNSSEC
implementation will provide a forum for general discussions
regarding DNSSEC implementation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsop-dnsseccairn-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dnsop-dnsseccairn-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsop-dnsseccairn-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.