Subject: Important Informational Message - root.zone change

From: "John Crain" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 15:26:17 -0800

*****PLEASE NOTE***** 
This is an important Informational Message to the internet community:

November 5, 2002, the IP address for J.root-servers.net will 
change in the authoritative NS set for "dot". The change will 
be reflected in zone serial # 2002110501. 

The new set of servers authoritative for "dot" will be: 
A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. 5w6d16h IN A 198.41.0.4 
H.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. 5w6d16h IN A 128.63.2.53 
C.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. 5w6d16h IN A 192.33.4.12 
G.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. 5w6d16h IN A 192.112.36.4 
F.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. 5w6d16h IN A 192.5.5.241 
B.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. 5w6d16h IN A 128.9.0.107 
J.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. 5w6d16h IN A 192.58.128.30 
K.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. 5w6d16h IN A 193.0.14.129 
L.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. 5w6d16h IN A 198.32.64.12 
M.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. 5w6d16h IN A 202.12.27.33 
I.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. 5w6d16h IN A 192.36.148.17 
E.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. 5w6d16h IN A 192.203.230.10 
D.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. 5w6d16h IN A 128.8.10.90 

This WILL require a change to your root hints file.  The new 
file will be available via anonymous ftp from 
rs.internic.net:/domain/named.root as well as 
ftp.internic.net:/doamin/named.root starting 11/5/02 1700UTC (12pm
EST/9am PST). 

Both the new and old j.root-servers.net IP space will provide 
answers in parallel for the foreseeable future.

_________________________________________

John Crain
Manager of Technical Operations
ICANN/IANA

[email-masked]
1AF4 F638 4B2D 3EF2  F9BA 99E4 8D85 69A7

_________________________________________

#----------------------------------------------------------------------
# To unsubscribe, send a message to <[email-masked]>.

---

From: "John Crain" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 15:26:30 -0800

*****PLEASE NOTE***** 

John Crain

[email-masked]