Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jeong-hmipv6-dns-optimization-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 07:30:42 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Autoconfiguration of Recursive DNS Server and the 
                          Optimization of DNS Name Resolution in Hierarchical 
                          Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)	: J. Jeong et al.
	Filename	: draft-jeong-hmipv6-dns-optimization-01.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2003-6-18
	
This document provides the mechanism for the autoconfiguration of 
recursive DNS server in mobile node and the optimization of DNS name 
resolution in the hierarchical mobile IPv6 network.  Whenever the 
mobile node moves into a new MAP domain, the region managed by 
another MAP, in the hierarchical mobile IPv6 network, it detects the 
addresses of recursive DNS servers which are placed in the region and 
replaces the old ones with the new ones for DNS name resolution.  
This allows the time for DNS name resolution much reduced by using 
the nearest recursive DNS server which exists in the region.  
Therefore, the mechanism of this document can optimize the DNS name 
resolution.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jeong-hmipv6-dns-optimization-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jeong-hmipv6-dns-optimization-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jeong-hmipv6-dns-optimization-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.