Subject: Re: Re: Stepping back on the DNS discovery discussion

From: 박수홍 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 00:15:02 +0900

>They were designed as such. This approach has lost traction.

We have to go to the right direction 
"IPv6 DNS Discovery based on RA or ND"

How long will this discussion last at this WG ?
David and Rob, I believe we need it definitely

   Daniel
#----------------------------------------------------------------------
# To unsubscribe, send a message to <[email-masked]>.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 00:41:00 +0900

>"IPv6 DNS Discovery based on RA or ND"

	who decided that this is the right direction?  it is yet to be decided.
	the above statement is not acceptable.

	to be clear, in the ietf there are multiple efforts on "service
	discovery" mechansisms, including DHCP, piggyback on RA, srvloc,
	DNS SRV record and a lot more.  basically we are in confusion state.
	draft-ietf-ipngwg-dns-discovery-analysis-00.txt tried to clear up the
	confusion, but it was not enough.

itojun