Subject: Re: avoiding proxies

From: Masataka Ohta <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 12:44:00 +0859 ()

Luc;

> > > On the Internet, the mechanism to relay requests to servers over
> > > multiple links is called routing.
> > 
> > Exactly, let's let routing do the job it is supposed to be providing
> > already anyway, rather than layering on even more mandatory services.
> > 
> 
> Ok I may understand what do you wanna say. 
> 1- we could use multicast to transport DNS requests. But multicast is
> not easy to deploy within access networks such as xDSL, RTC... (NBMA
> links)

I hope Eric recognizes that ring search with multicast is an
application layer attempt to poorly imitate a routing protocol.

> 2- we could use anycast
> 
> But it is not clear for me how we could use DNSSEC in such scheme. There
> is still and perhaps a bigger issue there if we need to distribute keys.
> (I do not argue that RA-based solution is better there ;+)

Read the draft on security considerations and never say autoconfigured
security.

							Masataka Ohta
#----------------------------------------------------------------------
# To unsubscribe, send a message to <[email-masked]>.