Subject: Re: [dnsop] next steps for draft-ietf-dnsop-misbehavior-against-aaaa-01.txt

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 04:15:40 +0900

Hello,

>>>>> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:44:15 +0900, 
>>>>> JINMEI Tatuya <[email-masked]> said:

> I'm sending this to you as the shepherding AD of
> draft-ietf-dnsop-misbehavior-against-aaaa-01.txt.

> According to the I-D tracker page,
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=11591&rfc_flag=0

> the status draft is "AD Followup" where "the shepherding AD has the
> action item to determine appropriate next steps".  So, I've been
> waiting for a suggestion on the next steps.

> However, Pekka Savola suggested me to revise the draft spontaneously,
> addressing the comments shown in the tracker page.  (according to him)
> the new revision would help/accelerate the decision of the next steps
> for the shepherding AD.

> Basically, I'm willing to do that (at least revising the draft in the
> IESG evaluation doesn't harm much...), but if I heavily misunderstand
> the process and should rather wait for the suggested next steps,
> please let me know.

I finally revised the document and submitted the new revision (02).
It's already available at the IETF I-D archive.

I believe I've addressed all the IESG comments shown on the I-D
tracker page in this revision.  To summarize those:

From Thomas Narten
  1. he said the reference to RFC1034 should be RFC1035.  But we now
     agree RFC1034 is better (or at least okay).  In the latest
     revision, I showed specific sections of the RFC to make the
     intent clearer.
  2. he also made a comment on the "compliant" behavior of a caching
     server.  But after some discussion on the list, he seemed to
     agree we can leave the related part unchanged.  So I didn't make
     any change on this.

From Scott Hollenbeck
  He pointed out response codes should be described as defined in
  RFC1035 (e.g., "Name Error" instead of "NXDOMAIN").  I made the
  suggested change in the latest version throughout the document.

From Bill Fenner
  He showed another example of misbehavior.  I added the example in
  the latest revision.  Bill confirmed the proposed new text on the wg
  list.

From Alex Zinin
  He provided some editorial comments.  I simply accepted his
  suggestions.

I believe this latest version is ready for publication.  It would be
nice if you could put this document to the IESG agenda (or point out
the appropriate next step if I miss something).

Thanks,

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]

.
dnsop resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop/index.html