Subject: [dnsop] Re: new WGLC on "IPv6 Host Configuration of DNS Server Information Approaches"

From: David Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 15:13:46 -0700

Folks,
	
	After discussing the status of this document with my
	co-chair and our ADs (and in the spirit of moving
	forward), we have decided to declare that we have
	achieved the best consensus that we're going to get. If
	anyone objects to the content of the document, they can
	make their objections known by concisely outlining their
	objection(s) in an email to [email-masked] with a copy to
	[email-masked]. 
 
	It is important to note that we never really expected
	this document to reach a consensus recommendation; at
	best we expected a document which each camp could agree
	fairly stated the pros and cons of that camp's own
	proposals. 

	David and Bert, on behalf of the dnsop WG, we'd like to
	request that this document
	(draft-ietf-dnsop-ipv6-dns-configuration-04.txt) be
	published as an informational RFC.   

	Thanks,

	Dave & Rob

.
dnsop resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop/index.html

---

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 10:10:02 +0200

> 	published as an informational RFC.

There are still grammatical, structural, and (IMO) non-controversial 
technical issues with the current draft that (again, IMO) should be 
solved before this can become an RFC.

The technical issues mostly concern multicast over 802.11. I think 
pretty much all the pertinent information has been brought up in the wg 
by now, so it would be helpful to include all of it in the draft, 
especially as this may prove useful for future reference. 
Alternatively, it's complex and important enough to make it an 
informational RFC of its own.

As for my more fundamental objections, I'll mail those to the IESG.

.