Subject: [dnsop] On dontpublish-unreachables

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 18:42:05 +0000

Hi,

Regarding the raising of draft-ietf-dnsop-dontpublish-unreachable-03, it
was asked where ureachables might be placed in the DNS, I think one area 
where this was suggested as possible was by some people in the IPv6 WG 
where the new "guaranteed" unique ULAs may be published since (in theory) 
there is no ambiguity with the ULAs.

I agree with Alain that this still seems undesirable.

The 03 version talks about deprecated IPv6 items, such as site-locals
and IPv4 compatibles.

(Also I see no 04 version at watersrings:
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-ietf-dnsop-dontpublish-unreachable-03.txt, is there an 04 that they didn't pick up since Feb'02?)

-- 
Tim
.
dnsop resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop/index.html

---

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 16:09:24 -0500

At Mon, 8 Nov 2004 18:42:05 +0000,  Tim Chown wrote:
> http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-ietf-dnsop-dontpublish-unreachable-03.txt,
> is there an 04 that they didn't pick up since Feb'02?)

-04 is just the "this draft has expired" tombstone.
.
dnsop resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop/index.html