Subject: [dnsop] Dropping draft-ietf-dnsop-key-rollover-requirements

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 16:24:28 -0500

<hat wg-co-chair=on>

  This is a call for confirmation by the DNSOP WG that the WG is no
  longer interested in working on the (expired) document
  draft-ietf-dnsop-key-rollover-requirements.

  The WG adopted this work item some time ago, but WG support for the
  document itself has always been a little ambiguous.  At the time the
  WG took on this work item, the WG chairs had the sense that the WG
  thought that key rollover was an important issue, but there was
  already some text in draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-operational-practices
  on key rollover, and it was never clear that the WG had a strong
  sense of needing a separate document on this subject.  As sometimes
  happens, the WG decided to take on the new work item anyway and
  reserve judgement while waiting to see the next revision.

  At both of the last two face-to-face DNSOP meetings, there have been
  requests to remove this document from the WG's charter, and there
  has not been much support for keeping it.  My sense at this point is
  that the WG is no longer interested in working on this document.
  However, since the WG is the mailing list, we need to confirm this.

  If you have a strong opinion (either way) on whether we should keep
  this document on the WG charter, please speak up within the next
  week.  Note:

  - In view of the discussions that have already taken place at the
    face-to-face meetings, silence will be taken as agreement that we
    should drop the document.

  - In view of the discussions that have already taken place, a one
    week confirmation call should suffice, and will allow us to
    declare the matter settled (one way or the other) at the DNSOP
    session in Vancouver.  If for some reason you think the WG needs
    more time to decide, say so.

</hat>
.
dnsop resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop/index.html

---

From: Samuel Weiler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 11:59:26 -0500 (EST)

>  this document on the WG charter, please speak up

As I said 51 weeks ago:

> ... I suggest that DNSOP abandon this draft.

-- Sam
.