Subject: Re: [dnsop] Removing ip6.int

From: kent crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 18:24:44 -0700

> 
> 	The rest is apparently a religious crusade to wipe out all remenants
> 	of the old ways.

I don't think so.

From my perspective maintaining ip6.int is not cost-free, because it uses up
cycles worrying if something you do might break it.  This is an intrinsic
problem when things get old and nobody except a few know what the connections
are. 

As far as the cost of the migration -- that cost has to be met, no matter
what, it's just a matter of when.  By now, people who make pro-active
changes have already done so -- the rest won't until ip6.int finally goes
away. 

-- 
Kent Crispin 
[email-masked]    p: +1 310 823 9358  f: +1 310 823 8649
[email-masked] SIP: [email-masked]

.
dnsop resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop/index.html