Subject: [dnsop] [[email-masked]: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsop-reverse-mapping-considerations-00.txt]

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 08:28:04 -0400

Dear colleagues,

This is the submission that is intended to revive the former
inaddr-required draft, as discussed in Montreal.  As the group
determined there, we changed the name of the file at the same time.

We made a few edits in an effort to deal with what we took to be the
outstanding issues.  I'll post a new list of open issues in the near
future; in the meantime, any feedback will be gratefully received.

Best regards,
Andrew

-- 
----
Andrew Sullivan                         204-4141 Yonge Street
Afilias Canada                        Toronto, Ontario Canada
<[email-masked]>                              M2P 2A8
                                        +1 416 646 3304 x4110

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsop-reverse-mapping-considerations-00.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 15:50:01 -0400
List-Id: i-d-announce.ietf.org

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Considerations for the use of DNS Reverse Mapping
	Author(s)	: D. Senie, A. Sullivan
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dnsop-reverse-mapping-considerations-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2006-9-12
	
Mapping of addresses to names is a feature of DNS.  Many sites
implement it, many others do not.  Some applications attempt to use
it as a part of a security strategy.  The goal of this document is to
encourage proper deployment of address to name mappings, and provide
guidance for their use.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsop-reverse-mapping-considerations-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-dnsop-reverse-mapping-considerations-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsop-reverse-mapping-considerations-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce