Subject: [dnsop] RFC 4641 on DNSSEC Operational Practices

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 15:53:55 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4641

        Title:      DNSSEC Operational Practices 
        Author:     O. Kolkman, R. Gieben
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 79894
        Obsoletes:  RFC2541
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-operational-practices-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4641.txt

This document describes a set of practices for operating the DNS with
security extensions (DNSSEC).  The target audience is zone
administrators deploying DNSSEC.

The document discusses operational aspects of using keys and
signatures in the DNS.  It discusses issues of key generation, key
storage, signature generation, key rollover, and related policies.

This document obsoletes RFC 2541, as it covers more operational
ground and gives more up-to-date requirements with respect to key
sizes and the new DNSSEC specification.  This memo provides information 
for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Domain Name System Operations
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

.
dnsop resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop/index.html