Subject: [DNSOP] A revised draft for "DNS root nameservice substitution for DNSSEC purposes"

From: Thierry Moreau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 16:31:30 -0400

Dear dnsop participants:

Actually, it's the revised draft on "DNSSEC Validation Root Priming 
Through SLP".

See 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moreau-srvloc-dnssec-priming-01.txt

This draft is now in a much better form, i.e. protocol provisions 
carefully drafted in the document body, usage scenario rationales in an 
informative Annex, tentative alignment on related drafts presented to 
dnsop at IETF68/Prague.

So, the proposal allows early deployment of "DNS root nameservice 
substitution for DNSSEC purposes", and then a graceful migration to an 
IANA signed DNS root. Plus a DNS root trust anchor key rollover scheme.

Regards,

-- 

- Thierry Moreau

CONNOTECH Experts-conseils inc.
9130 Place de Montgolfier
Montreal, Qc
Canada   H2M 2A1

Tel.: (514)385-5691
Fax:  (514)385-5900

web site: http://www.connotech.com
e-mail: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
DNSOP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop