Subject: [DNSOP] draft-ietf-dnsop-respsize-07

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 12:44:03 -0400

Dear colleagues,

It has taken me longer than I expected, but I have reviewed
draft-ietf-dnsop-respsize-07.  

I note that in section 2.2.3, we have this:

   A zone's name servers should be reachable by all IP transport
   protocols (e.g., IPv4 and IPv6) in common use.

I have read differing opinions on whether it is better to have
protocol-dedicated servers (on the grounds that it makes
troubleshooting in a world of poorly implemented dual stacks easier)
or to have all-protocol name servers.  I think therefore that the
reasoning for the above claim should be spelled out in more detail.

Other than that, I think this is a good and useful draft, and should
be advanced.

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan                         204-4141 Yonge Street
Afilias Canada                        Toronto, Ontario Canada
<[email-masked]>                              M2P 2A8
jabber: [email-masked]                 +1 416 646 3304 x4110

_______________________________________________
DNSOP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop