Subject: [DNSOP] reverse-mapping issue 18: RFC 1912

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 15:08:00 -0400

Issue 18: The draft should refer to RFC 1912

Discussion: RFC 1912 suggests that every A record should have a
corresponding PTR.  

Proposed resolution: add the following text to section 2, as a new
paragraph, after "its use is codified in [RFC3596].":

           [RFC1912] suggests that it is an operational or
           configuration error not to have matching PTR and A records.

Absent any objections, I plan to make this adjustment for a -04
submission on 2007-06-28.

Best regards,
A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan                         204-4141 Yonge Street
Afilias Canada                        Toronto, Ontario Canada
<[email-masked]>                              M2P 2A8
jabber: [email-masked]                 +1 416 646 3304 x4110

_______________________________________________
DNSOP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop