Subject: [DNSOP] Comments on draft-ietf-dnsop-as112-ops-00

From: "Daniele Arena" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 14:48:10 +0200

Hi,

I'd like to send a couple of comments on
draft-ietf-dnsop-as112-ops-00, coming from my experience as an AS112
operator at NaMeX.

1) I don't see anything related to interface configuration of the
192.175.48.{1,6,42} addresses in the draft. I don't know if this is
something which is avoided on purpose (due to the different ways it is
dealt with in different OSs), but as in the rest of the document there
might be an example (such as configuring aliases in FreeBSD). By the
way, we also put the address config in zebra.conf (but if you only
want that as the interface config, then you would probably need to
start first the zebra daemon, then the DNS server, then bgpd).

2) When configuring the DNS server to log the queries, it might be
worth noting that this could be very CPU-intensive (this depends on
the query volume, of course). The same goes for the monitoring tools:
we used bindgraph, but as soon as we opened our transit (jumping from
100 to 700qps) the machine could hardly cope with query logging and
graph generation by bindgraph.

3) s/wwwn.as112.net/www.as112.net/ in section 6.

Hope that helps,

Regards

Daniele.

_______________________________________________
DNSOP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop