Subject: [DNSOP] BCP 140, RFC 5358 on Preventing Use of Recursive Nameservers in Reflector Attacks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 15:24:06 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 140        
        RFC 5358

        Title:      Preventing Use of Recursive Nameservers 
                    in Reflector Attacks 
        Author:     J. Damas, F. Neves
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       October 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 14957
        See Also:   BCP0140

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsop-reflectors-are-evil-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5358.txt

This document describes ways to prevent the use of default configured
recursive nameservers as reflectors in Denial of Service (DoS)
attacks.  It provides recommended configuration as measures to
mitigate the attack.  This document specifies an Internet Best Current 
Practices for the Internet Community, and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.

This document is a product of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
DNSOP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop