Subject: [DNSOP] DNSSEC Operational Considerations

From: Danny McPherson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 11:06:46 -0700

Does anyone have a decent reference to a document that outlines
what operators should be considering WRT DNSSEC (e.g., >512B 
thing, allowing TCP, EDNS0 considerations, validating recursors 
deployment, any studies to projections of recursive load hits 
for RAM, CPU and transactions in various implementations and 
platforms, other firewall policies, etc..)?

I'm writing something up and wanted to provide a summary, 
with some nice useful references that are actionable for your
average ISP operator.  Most of the stuff I've seen that 
already exists in a form easily consumable by network operators 
seems heavily root and TLD focused, and I'd like to say "here 
are some things you need to do to prepare for the root signing, 
even if you're not signing your own zones)...

Thanks in advance!

-danny

---

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 14:43:54 -0500 (EST)

> platforms, other firewall policies, etc..)?

See http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/svn/rfc4641bis/trunk
and http://www-x.antd.nist.gov/dnssec/

Paul