Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action:draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-trust-history-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 02:00:03 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : DNSSEC Trust Anchor History Service
	Author(s)       : W. Wijngaards, O. Kolkman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-trust-history-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2010-02-22

When DNS validators have trusted keys, but have been offline for a
longer period, key rollover will fail and they are stuck with stale
trust anchors.  History service allows validators to query for older
DNSKEY RRsets and pick up the rollover trail where they left off.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-trust-history-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "W.C.A. Wijngaards" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 11:19:37 +0100

Hi,

The dnsop wg adopted this draft at the IETF meeting and with discussion
on the mailing list afterwards.

The draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-trust-history-00 is a copy of
draft-wijngaards-dnsop-trust-history-02.
draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-trust-history-01 contains updates after the
discussion in the working group.  For your diff pleasure :-).

As far as I can tell this captures all the comments.  There is some new
text to help validator operators decide on the deployment options facing
them (secure-vendor-update vs better-than-nothing).  I do not think this
should become too extensive, but because there are protocol effects -
the X years for old keys - it is therefore good to discuss the
ramifications.

Best regards,
   Wouter